Monday, August 25, 2008

My Birthday Boys!! Happy Birthday Ryan and Logan








Happy Birthday to my most favorite guys ever!
Ryan and I look back at the time Logan was born and how funny things are when you are a first time parent. I remember my water breaking on Sunday night August 24 th 1997, we can't forget that because Ryan had to cancel his home teaching appointments. Luckily I was in the bathroom at the time, I yelled to Ryan (he was downstairs) and let him know my water broke. He asked, "are you sure", I said "I am standing in a puddle, yes I'm sure". I asked him to get me a towel and I remember just hearing frantic footsteps up and down the stairs. It took him a good five to ten minutes to remember my request, he was busy gathering things up to load into the car. At this time, I have no contractions and am very calm, he is the worried one. I then changed, got into the car and away we went, he drove so fast, I had to tell him to slow down. At one point he wanted to pass a police car, I persuaded him otherwise. We made it to the hospital and I still had no contractions until about an hour later and then they were crazy intense. Logan was born forceps fashion in the morning on daddy's birthday August 25 1997, he was 8 lbs 13oz. We love him and are proud of him and can't believe he is 11.

5 comments:

Ryan Wood said...

Thanks, Melly :)! It really does go by too fast, he's all growed up! Hah, I remember wanting to speed by that cop too--good times. Love ya babe!

Erin said...

Andy had a great time at Texas Roadhouse. Happy Birthday

Carrie and Jeff said...

That's so fun that they share a b-day.

Sarie said...

Wow, all these birthdays in August!!

Jared & Mindy Hatch said...

I still love that pic of ryan and logan with their hats on looking at each other! Such a precious moment!